- According to vaastu shastra, in order to cash in a lot of profit, the building of a hotel should be constructed on a plot having rectangular, square, circular, quadrangular, octagonal o hexagonal shape.
- The location of the plot should be such that roads are there on all its four sides or at least on the north and east.
- Make sure the slope of the land chosen for the construction of your hotel is faced towards the north-east direction.
- The design of the building should be such that its north and east portions always remain open.
- Ground floor would be apt for reception and eatery area of the hotel.
- There must be adequate provision for light, ventilation and a large open space for the kitchen. Therefore, ground floor should be utilized for the kitchen.
- Make sure that the kitchen is located in the south-east portion of the building. For placing the grinders, ovens etc, choose corners that are in the southeast direction.
- Be sure to include space for conferences, in your hotel. First floor can be utilized for constructing a conference hall for your hotel.
- To ensure a pleasant stay for your customers, make sure that the rooms for them is positioned in the south-west direction. The beds for them should be placed in south or west portion of their rooms. Ensure that they sleep with their feet towards north or west direction.
- Choose the eastern and northern portions of the building for constructing balcony.
- If you wish to construct a storeroom as well, then opt for the southern, western or southwestern zone of the building.
- For the installation of AC, southeast location would be apt.
- For electric generator and transformer installations, southeast direction is fine.
- Washbasin should never be placed in the center of the hall. It shall be fitted either in the north, east or northeast directions.
- If you want to construct water bodies, such as fountain, to attract tourists, then the right location for the construction is in the direction of north, east or northeast. The aforementioned directions are also appropriate for the main entrance of the hotel.
- Ensure that there is large, open ground in the premises of your hotel.